4 Reasons Why You Can’t Give a Miss to Bombay Velvet
Very few Hindi movies manage to create buzz before releasing. Anurag Kashyap’s Bombay Velvet is one such movie that started creating a buzz in the B’town from the day of its official announcement. Unlike other Kashyap movies, Bombay Velvet is high budget movies with a dream star cast in it. Let’s find out what makes this Ranbir, and Anushka starrer different from other regular Bollywood flicks –
1. Karan Johar as Kaizad Khambatta – The Villain: Anurag Kashyap is well-known for his unique casting in his movies. He is one filmmaker who never fails to impress his audience with the kind of actors he chooses for playing different characters in the film.
In Bombay Velvet also he has tried something that is completely beyond anyone’s imagination. We will get to see Karan Johar playing the villain in this neo-noir drama set in 1960. Isn’t exciting guys?
2. Ranbir Kapoor as Johnny Balraj – The Street Fighter: You have seen Ranbir playing the die-heart lover in many of his past movies. But, in Bombay Velvet you will see a new macho avatar of Ranbir as he is playing a character of street fighter/boxer in this movies.
Ranbir has gone through a dramatic makeover for the film. He is seeing sporting a completely new look based on the fashion of 1960s. In the first look poster of the movie, the actor looked very manly handling two machine guns, wearing a double-press suit with a fizzy hair style of 60s.
3. Anushka Sharma as Rosie Noronha – The Jazz Singer: After being a crucial part of Bollywood’s first 300 crores club movie – PK, Anushka Sharma is all set to sizzle the silver screen again with her yet another onscreen character of Rosie, where she is playing a Jazz singer of 1960s.
The actresses looked stunning in her first look poster of Bombay Velvet, where is looking flawless in the classical 1960s look. There is a lot of excitement of Anushka and Ranbir as an onscreen couple for the first time.
4. Anurag Kashyap as Director: There is no doubt that Anurag Kashyap is one of the most talented directors we have today in Bollywood. He is well-known for his extremely different sense of filmmaking. Movies like – Dev D, Gangs of Wasseypur Series, Ugly are some of his finest piece of work.
Bombay Velvet is his first big budget movie and big stars that make it more special. The movie is a neo-noir drama set in 1960s starring Ranbir, Anushka, Karan Johar, KK Menon and many other well-known actors. All these factors make Bombay Velvet is a deadly combination of Bollywood masala and Anurag Kashyap’s specialty.
Enjoy the brand new trailer of Bombay Velvet all set for the worldwide release on 15th May 2015
Latest posts by Ashutosh Kaushik (see all)
- Why You Should Go for SEO Training in 2018? - February 10, 2018
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Must be Excited about Saif, Shahid &, Kangana Starrer Rangoon - January 2, 2017
- 5 Reasons that Makes Udta Punjab a Must Watch Movie of 2016 - April 21, 2016